KTVU Channel 2 aired a report on November 18th about yet another San Jose moving company in the Bay Area that has shut their doors leaving consumers hanging. The consumer in the report said he picked Stevens Moving & Storage because they had the best rates.
For full article go to: KTVU Channel 2
Don’t choose a moving company based solely on rates.
After this consumer got ripped off and lost all the items he had in storage with Stevens Moving he discovered they had 115 complaints with the BBB and an “F” rating.
Check our company reports ahead of time at: http://sanjose.bbb.org/Consumers.aspx
Here is a list of things you can do to avoid getting ripped off:
- Get referrals from friends
- Check out the company with the BBB and other rating sites
- Do not book a move through a moving broker on-line, deal directly with the moving company
- Make sure the moving company has a physical address
- If you are putting your things in storage go look at the storage/warehouse facility ahead of time. If it isn’t clean and secure do not put your things there.
If you or someone you know has been ripped off by a moving company you can file a complaint with the PUC (Public Utilities Commission)
Have you ever hired a company solely based on price and been sorry?