Packing & Moving can be very stressful. All Reasons has put together some packing tips to help you organize for the move. Unless prior arrangements have been made, you need to be completely packed and ready to move when our trucks arrive. Packing while movers are loading slows the process down and is NOT advisable. Please let us know if you will not be finished packing prior to the movers arrival.
Customers are expected to be present during loading and unloading. You will need to do a walk-through at the beginning of the move, at the end of the load, and our movers will need direction with furniture placement at your new location .
Must be Emptied:
- Entertainment Centers
- Refrigerators: we recommend you put the contents into coolers the day of the move
Beds: Our moving team will disassemble and reassemble these.
Mattress bags: It is strongly recommended you purchase mattresses bags for king size mattresses. We cannot guarantee a king mattress will stay clean unless it’s in a bag.
Moving to storage: All mattresses and box springs must be in mattress bags. Mattress bags can be purchased form All Reasons at a rate of $8.50 per bag.
Boxes: All Reasons is NOT responsible or liable to items not properly packed.
- Tape tops & bottoms of the boxes. No open top boxes
- Label the boxes on the sides
- Shoe boxes and smaller type boxes need to be packed into larger boxes
- Wrap all breakables in paper, foam, or bubble wrap
- Pack heavy items into book boxes
- Do NOT fill large boxes with books or clothes
Carpet: Carpet mask can be provided for an additional charge. One roll is 50 feet.
Couches/Chairs: Light colored furniture – we can shrink wrap these items for an additional charge.
Dressers: Can remain full if it can handle its own weight – do not leave a dresser full that is not sturdy. Do NOT pack books, pictures, or breakables in drawers – Keep in mind dressers will be tipped so remove smaller loose items that could fall behind the drawers.
End Tables: Small end tables and nightstands can usually stay full. Please remove breakables.
- 2 Drawer Files: can stay full
- Fireproof Files: entire cabinet must be empty
- Vertical & Lateral Files: entire cabinet must be empty
Flammable Items: We cannot pack or move flammable or hazardous materials.
Garbage Bags: NOT good for packing since they do not stack and are difficult to carry.
Lamps and Shades: Lamp shades MUST be packed in a box. Floor/pole lamps do not travel well. All Reasons will not be responsible or held liable for damage to lamps not packed in boxes. All Reasons will not move a lampshade that is not packed in a box.
- Small Pictures: Wrap in paper and pack in a box
- Large Pictures: Pack in picture boxes
Paintings: Must be packed in picture boxes or paper pads.
Plants: Soil must be dry in order to transport.
- Small plants: Should be put in boxes to keep them from rolling around in the back of the truck.
- Large plants: Can be loaded at the end of the truck. If a plant is fragile, do not put it in the moving van, as we cannot guarantee a limb won’t snap off.
- Pots and containers: Breakable plant containers must be packed in boxes. All Reasons will NOT be responsible for breakage of clay pots. Small cracks happen over time from being outside and in the weather transporting can cause them to snap therefore we cannot be liable for an already weak pot that you may not even realize has one or more hairline cracks in it.
Particle board furniture: Furniture you purchased in a box and assembled in your home was shipped that way for a reason. Under most circumstances they can be safely moved, however All Reasons will not be responsible or held liable for damage during transit to particle board or pressed wood furniture of any kind.
Pianos: YES! We move pianos everything from a small spinet to a large concert grand. There will be an additional charge.
Electronics: We advise packing all electronics in a box. These items can be blanket wrapped if you do not have the original boxes. While they normally transport just fine. All Reasons does not assume responsibility for damage to items not properly packed.
Wardrobe boxes: When moving directly from one location to another we will be provided the day of the move for your hanging clothes. When coming to storage or moving long distance you will need to purchase the wardrobes.
Items you need immediate access to should be loaded and transported in your personal vehicle prior to our arrival.
When packing your items, please remember the basic rule of thumb:
“If it is small enough to fit in a box, put it in one.”