It’s official: spring has sprung! Spring is a time of change and new beginnings. It reminds us that we are ever-evolving and capable of great improvement. And what better way to celebrate this than with a deep spring cleaning before the summer season is upon us.
Cleaning out your life can seem daunting at first. So we’ve broken down our ideas into a three-part series of tips and tricks to help keep you on track. Think you can’t get organized? Get ready to surprise yourself! It’s time to make room in your life for a fresh, new, unrecognizable you.
8 Indoor Home Improvement Tips to Change Your Life
- Shake Things Up: Add an element to your household by replacing one piece of furniture with something new. Out with the old, in with the new!
- Reduce Clutter: Find what “sparks joy” in your life. Check out “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo. “If you don’t love it get rid of it”!
- Get Organized: Use storage bins or shelving to keep things tidy. Remember to focus on one room at a time so that you don’t get overwhelmed!
- Freshen Up: A new coat of paint can make all the difference. Try painting an accent wall for a bold, new look.
- Get High and Low: Don’t forget those hard to reach places like ceiling fans. Even professional cleaners tend to overlook these areas.
- Keep Carpets Fresh: Open your windows and let the fresh air in and fresh air will help dry the carpets quicker. While the rental machines at the grocery store do an okay job, hiring a company is your best bet. Check out Groupon for carpet cleaning discounts.