Feeling inspired to organize your life after reading our first blog post? If you enjoyed part one of our three-part spring cleaning series, you’re going to love part two.
If you haven’t gotten around to working on our list, don’t sweat it! The rainy weather can slow anyone down. When it’s grey outside, it’s tempting to just cuddle up inside with a good book and put your to-do list on the side. But there’s good news! You still have time to complete everything.
Do you love the great outdoors? Now you can be proud of your curb appeal, along with what’s behind your front door. With our tips, you’ll have neighbors turning heads and asking you for your secret to a beautifully kept lawn and exquisite detailing.
Part two is all about outdoor maintenance and outside home improvements. You’ll feel like a pro and your outdoor space will be ready for summer!
9 Tips for Outdoor Home Improvement
- Focus on Curb Appeal: First, make sure you pull out any plants that have died and trim overgrowth. Then, use your artistic eye to plant some gorgeous flowers, trees, or shrubs. Spread some mulch around to make your flower beds look nicer.
- Clean Out Your Gutters: Your gutters suffer during winter, as debris builds up and begins to form clogs. Clogged gutters can cause water damage to your home, so be sure to concentrate on thoroughly cleaning these out.
- Keep Windows Sparkling: Clean your windows and let the sunshine radiate your home. While doing this, be sure to check window screens for any holes that might need repairing.
- Check Weather Seals: Winter weather is known to cause cracks and harden calk and weather seals. Be sure to inspect window and door seals, and repair or replace as needed.
- Service Cooling System: It’s important to check for leaks and replace filters. Consider hiring a professional if you feel uncomfortable or are inexperienced in this area.
- Check Sprinklers: Trial run your sprinklers to see if they are in working order. Check for leaks and be sure all components are facing the right directing, and not spraying haphazardly onto the street or on your home.
- Fertilize Lawn: With all the great products these days it’s so easy to do. This helps keep weeds away and will brighten the lawn color.
- Decks and Fencing: Clean and seal decks and fencing to extend the life of your wood surfaces—and not to mention, they will look amazing!
- Lawn Mower Maintenance: Do you do your own gardening and lawn care equipment? Now is the time to inspect everything to make sure it’s all in working order.